Hello There, Guest!   LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB 1.8 has been released!
03-09-2014, 05:52 PM
MyBB 1.8 has been released!
This is a major version change though which means that all the themes and plugins aren't directly supported. I have made a clone of this forum and I am continuing testing while checking plugin reliability and support. Slowly new and updated plugins/themes are being release under 1.8.

For a list of changes and new features over 1.6, here is the changelog:
http://blog.mybb.com/2014/09/01/mybb-1-8-released/

Could be months before this forum is changed over due to waiting for updates on specific plugins.
Quote this message in a reply
The following 3 users Like wranger's post:
Rads (03-09-2014), themole (03-09-2014), AlfieNorks (06-09-2014)
05-09-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: MyBB 1.8 has been released!
Update

Half the plugins are working at 80% functionality. Only about 3 are working at full functionality. On the current 1.6 setup we have 28 plugins. ~22 of those give important/useful functions to the current setup.
I may need to trash the Dark Fusion and Portal 2 theme and replace them we two dark themes that are fully functional with 1.8 as it's too much work to push all 3 current themes we have for 1.6 over to 1.8. These 3 themes are not supported by their developer anymore (mainly because the developer doesn't venture over to the MyBB forums anymore) and that's why I would need to be doing the changes.
I have fixed Alpha Gaming theme to about 70% functionality so I may end up retiring this one too as the default theme but keep it as an optional theme and get a light theme with full 1.8 support too.
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: MyBB 1.8 has been released!
Thanks for the update wranger pity about the Portal 2 theme i think most people I know are using it hopefully there will be one similar.

[Image: rads.gif]
[Image: PLVvI3F.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply