Hello There, Guest!   LoginRegister

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding Sourcebans player IP addresses from public view.
12-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Hiding Sourcebans player IP addresses from public view.
Hi,

I have the ANZAC Gamers Sourcebans website favourited in my browser to view how many players are on the Day of Defeat: Source server without having to launch my game.

I noticed in the bans listings if you click on a player it displays that players IP address for anyone. I can understand the need for an admin to have access to a player IP, but I don't think the public should be able to see this. Publicly displaying IP addresses is not good for player security. Sourcebans has an option where player IP addressed can only be seen by people logged into the ANZAC Gamers Sourcebans. Only admins should have these accounts. I've made a small guide on how to do so here. It would be wonderful if you could hide players IP address from public view.

Thanks,

Mannyman157
Find all posts by this user
The following 1 user Likes Mannyman157's post:
miOw (13-12-2016)
13-12-2016, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 10:44 AM by themole.)
RE: Hiding Sourcebans player IP addresses from public view.
hey Gargos,
its great ur keeping up to date on who we ban lol
their is only 5 to 7 people that has log into SB we have over 100+ members lm not going to setup profile for every one so they only to login to see IP Address l know u can tick a box to hide that but tell u the truth its like a wall of shame but the link was only for members so it good ur not ban your info isnt their only if it been ban on a Smurf account then you should of have not play up and follow the rules...ppl that brake server rules get ban so maybe they should think about what they are given up...but some user dont give a dam

MajGen.TheMole
Leader 4th/HQ/MP/CO/Board Member
ANZAC Recruitment officer's
[Image: XVLzi.png]
KILL THE MILITIA FEDERATION
King Of The Underground
Don't Feed The Forum Troll's
[Image: b_560x95.png]
The following 2 users Like themole's post:
FLUFFANATOR (13-12-2016), Bear (14-12-2016)
13-12-2016, 02:05 PM
That's a ridiculous reply The Mole.

[Image: FLMNetworkSig4e9a54ae3a56f.png]
13-12-2016, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 02:50 PM by RollOnUp.)
My question is why did you create a forum account just to post that?

And Also...

"An IP address in isolation is not personal data under the Data Protection Act, according to the Information Commissioner."

So why should we have to hide the people who have broken our rules and abused our members because someone doesn't like the fact that it is visible to the public or the select few who have the URL
The following 3 users Like RollOnUp's post:
themole (13-12-2016), Bear (14-12-2016), Xhale (14-12-2016)
13-12-2016, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 04:44 PM by themole.)
(13-12-2016 02:05 PM)miOw Wrote:  That's a ridiculous reply The Mole.

your not liking go open ur own 16 - 32slot server and u make ur own rules up Angry

zero input need on your behalf Angry Angry

MajGen.TheMole
King Of The Underground
The following 2 users Like themole's post:
.A.D.A.M. (13-12-2016), Bear (14-12-2016)
13-12-2016, 04:56 PM
I would if I could TheMole.

13-12-2016, 04:59 PM
This post raises peoples privacy concerns, and you reply like an illiterate twat saying people like REAMED should be ASHAMED after being unjustly banned by a whiskerbiscuit admin. Wink

13-12-2016, 05:00 PM
our server we see fit how it run once again if your not liking it go play some where elas

MajGen.TheMole
King Of The Underground
13-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Clearly.

13-12-2016, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 09:19 PM by RollOnUp.)
Privacy concerns are raised by who? please give us a list, since you obviously haven't checked the privacy policy's on IP addresses used without any other relevant or personal information.

And since that is the only info we collect as does pretty much every gaming server in the world including MMO's and handhelds
i brings me to believe that you are just simply posting to cause trouble on something you know will get a rise from us...

Let me be clear here miow, you are all guests on our gaming server and in our forums, we have rules in place on the MOTD and once pretty much auto entering past it you agree to our terms and conditions much like a contract and if you break those rules, we can and will inforce them how we deem appropriate at the time...

Go ahead and do some research in regards to steam and valves user agreements as well since they are the main service providers who collect your personal information to be used to hold an account, we dont even use names, we just use in game name so 'miOw' and your IP address so ping and relevant location based info can be sent to the server so you dont have a hissy fit saying REG IS BAD REG IS BAD and all that jazz.

Now leave it be and let us sort this out with the person concerned...Thanks!
The following 1 user Likes RollOnUp's post:
themole (13-12-2016)
Thread Closed