Hello There, Guest!   LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFoW Season 1 - $200 PRIZE MONEY
22-12-2016, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 03:25 PM by AlfieNorks.)
FFoW Season 1 - $200 PRIZE MONEY
So guys this is something I have had in my head for awhile now, and would like to put into action. I'll be hosting an FFoW Tournament between now and the end of March. It will take place on the ANZAC FFoW server and each time we play FFoW your results will be recorded towards the tournament.

The tournament is NOT designed to ruin our current social and fun atmosphere that is already in the game. However it is designed so that you strive to improve your own abilities at the game and provide added incentive for more people to join in the fun in FFoW and to play it more often.

Tonight we managed to get a successful turnout to a mid week game that was organised in the spur of the moment. This to me proves that we can at least organise mid-week matches for the games. I hope we can play more and more regularly each week on the FFoW server. It is a reasonable goal.

Competition is the best way to stimulate life into a game. People become more interested in playing a game if they have a reason to play the game. Hopefully my cash prize will satisfy them to pick up the game more regularly.

I think all of you can give me a run for my money now, so keep playing as you always have been and I'll steathily update the information over the coming months and keep track of the leaderboard.

I will be aiming to promote the return of the original FFoW community with this tournament. A light hearted tournament I hope will wet their appetites to return.

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

- For a match to be recorded, there has to be at least six people in the server at the end of the match to be posted to the FFoW Results thread.
- The screenshots in the FFoW Results thread will form the statistics formed to create the FFoW Leaderboard.
- There must be at least 6 players at the END of a game for that game to be ranked as apart of the tournament. I will be recording any FFoW game that I am with at least 6 players in the server.
- Only the top five players will have their information publically displayed in this thread.
- I will update the rankings in this thread to demonstrate the new top five player rankings at the end of each night of play.
- Rankings are determined by your overall score ingame. Ie, how many ingame points you receive.
- You RECEIVE points for flag neutralised (1 point), flag taken (1 point), kills (2 points), assist kills (1 point), EMP strikes (1 point).
- You LOSE ingame points for suicides and team kills (both 2 point loss)
- If you are outside the top five on the leaderboard, your information will not be posted publically. However if you are still curious where you are, I am happy to give YOUR information to you in private. Players cannot request information on other players info without that players permission.
- Whoever is on top of the leaderboard on the date of FRIDAY 31st MARCH 2017 will be awarded $200 in prize money from myself.
- That player will be awarded the title of FFoW champion.
- I WILL NOT include myself in the tournament UNLESS I deem someone has gotten better than me in skill. For now my score with serve as the benchmark to beat.

So with that.... I present to you our CURRENT top five FFoW leaders. .

First Leaderboard Update :

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 7 users Like RandomG's post:
Bear (22-12-2016), LOLITA (23-12-2016), Sheriff (23-12-2016), themole (23-12-2016), AlfieNorks (23-12-2016), Rads (23-12-2016), TWIKI (12-03-2017)
22-12-2016, 11:58 PM
RE: FFoW Season 1 - $200 PRIZE MONEY
Awesome, would you be doing a set amount of tourney rounds? I would feel kind of cheated if we didn't have many rounds of 6 players and we did well in the smaller rounds if you know what I mean?

I hate to sail on this rotten tub
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her!"
No grog allowed and rotten grub
And it's time for us to leave her
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2016, 12:07 AM
I'm not too sure, I was going to leave it up to you guys to decide that. However since part of the tournament is to promote activity in the game, in essence it will ultimately reward players that are not only the best in the game but also persistent and active.

Ie, one player might have be considered the best, however if they aren't there on the nights that FFoW is being played then their ranking isn't going to be improved and therefore they won't move up in the standings. Activity in the game will be a big factor in those looking to win the tournament.

Also I should mention it is important to wait until I, or another admin ( who may record if I'm not around ) has notified the server that I have captured the scores. If you leave in the middle of the game, your ranking on the ingame board is immediately deleted. This also goes for any reason for leaving midgame. If your internet dies, or your game crashes, unfortunately your ingame score for that match will be deleted. If you rejoin the game, your score will be reset to zero for that match. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to change that, so you are just going to have to accept losing your score for that match if it happens. However you shouldn't feel disheartened by it, it will happen to all of us at some point.
The following 3 users Like RandomG's post:
LOLITA (23-12-2016), Bear (23-12-2016), Sheriff (23-12-2016)
23-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Related question, since I'm shit at FFOW still - is the single player mode useful for improving? Or other advice on how to play better?
23-12-2016, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 01:04 PM by RandomG.)
Whilst I am not a fan on the story, I think it would be useful on the hardest difficulty. The AI are like perfect aim bots, if they see you out in the open, they will not miss. Also as soon as you fire a shot, no matter how well hidden you may think you are, the AI will immediately know exactly where you are.

However rather than simply play the single player, I recommend accessing the FFoW bonus content for best practice. In the main menu if you go EXTRA's, then BONUS CONTENT, type in the following codes to get access to two single player versions of MP maps.

sp-street
sp-village

If played on the highest difficulty, these two maps can be immensely challenging even for myself. I think its the best way to practice without actually playing online.

FURTHER UPDATE:

In regards to how I mentioned that if you left the server and returned, your score will be deleted. I have a way around that. The transcript of everything occurred on the battlefield is recorded on a transcript in RCON. If an early DC occurs, I will manually update the scores, through trawling through the RCON transcript. I can supply evidence in the transcript if needed.

If I can update the scores of Harry Houdini, Kuddles and Anarchy, all of whom were affected last night I will. However I think the transcript may have refreshed itself to prevent this on last night's play. I apologise for this and take responsibility for not noticing earlier last night, however I will ensure Iwill not make this mistake again.
The following 2 users Like RandomG's post:
LOLITA (23-12-2016), Bear (23-12-2016)
23-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks Random .. that's some great info right there.
Gunna try it.
The following 3 users Like LOLITA's post:
AlfieNorks (23-12-2016), Bear (23-12-2016), Harry Houdini (23-12-2016)
23-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Leaderboard Update 2:

Well guys here is the updated leaderboard after tonights incomplete game. It's a shame we can't see the full scores after some great battles tonight. I think we had 14 people in the server at one point, good to see even more in. However they all started joining AFTER I lost RCON and therefore people like Manta and Undead Will lost the potential to enter the top five. Kuddles also lost the opportunity to defend his position. Ah well... next time, lets hope tonight was an intro for what is to come!

Results in the overview:

BearKnight extended his lead at the top of the points table to over 20 points from second placed Lolita. However Harry Houdini has made a huge gain on both of them. He is now only 31 points away from Bear's lead. Anarchy also made up a single position to move into fourth in the standings.

Most impressively, our rookie player, Big Walk made an incredibly impressive debut. In only a single game he moved up to fifth in the rankings. He was playing in the second game, however an early departure prevented him from improving his tally.

Also an impressive debut from Razzz, both him and Kuddles are now lurking slightly outside the top five. Until next game guys!
The following 1 user Likes RandomG's post:
Bear (24-12-2016)
24-12-2016, 12:17 AM
Bring It RandomG. Got a long ass vendetta against your white lanky ass.
The following 1 user Likes MaxxY90's post:
RandomG (11-03-2017)
11-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Bit too many beers but fuck it, I'm still mad this never took off.

Come on guys lets play FFoW. It's like Dod's except the maps are bigger, can explore more, modern, has vehicles. Isn't as bland as the Battlefield games.

Get your arses back on this.
The following 1 user Likes RandomG's post:
AlfieNorks (12-03-2017)
01-04-2017, 06:44 PM
did i win the 200 bucks
i sure hop i did as i need to fix my house

[Image: natasrawtab222.png]