Hello There, Guest!   LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
24-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Introduction
Hi guys,

So I've been scrolling the forums today and thought that I should probably introduce myself properly and tell you a bit about me.

My name is Christian-Paul, not Christopher as themole keeps referring to me as.

I actually started playing DoD back in 2003/2004. I was introduced to the game by a gamer called Syx. Anyway, after not playing for many a year, I decided to show my middle child, William, the game as he loves gaming. We had been playing Splatoon on the Wii U and it reminded me of a kids version of Day of Defeat so I downloaded it and showed him. I actually forgot how enjoyable it was and have also enjoyed the community interaction which happens on the ANZAC server, so I decided to join.

TheMole actually played a big part in this as I found him to be very approachable and open to listening and interacting with.

A little about me: I'm 37 and live in Adelaide, South Australia. I am originally from Mount Gambier, down near the Victoria/South Australia border. I moved to Adelaide in 2005. I have three children, James who is 8, William who is 6 and a daughter Sophia, who is 4. I was a keen sportsman in my younger days, playing football (soccer) and tennis at a competitive level.

Since 2010 I have been in a battle with Anxiety. I had a young friend who committed suicide and then I started noticing sensations in my body that I had never experienced before. Racing heart for no reason at all, a sense of dread and sensations that something disastrous was about to happen. These sensations and thought and feelings started to become overwhelming and I started to experience Panic Attacks. I seeked medical assistance, with medication and psychological treatment. For whatever reason I haven't been able to overcome this and am now Housebound with Agoraphobia. It's an awful illness. Hopefully one day it will be a thing of the past.

So if you see me always on DoD, now you might understand why. I'm not the greatest player (in fact, one of the worst) but I do enjoy that it allows me to tune out from overthinking about my body and have a chance to relax and enjoy playing.

So thankyou, ANZAC community for welcoming me into your clan. Hopefully I can be a useful member to the forums and in-game.

Kind regards,

Christian-Paul Butler
aka William's Dad

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 6 users Like chrisbutler10's post:
AlfieNorks (24-01-2018), themole (24-01-2018), TWIKI (24-01-2018), LOLITA (25-01-2018), Smelly Adelie (26-01-2018), Harry Houdini (22-02-2018)
24-01-2018, 06:07 PM
RE: Introduction
Smile tell u the truth l did nothing... I treat ppl the same way they treat me but l try to get along with everyone... But l was told it's lonely on the top haha...

But thank you so much in putting the time into anzacgames community

MajGen.TheMole
Leader 4th/HQ/MP/CO/Board Member
ANZAC Recruitment officer's
[Image: XVLzi.png]
KILL THE MILITIA FEDERATION
King Of The Underground
Don't Feed The Forum Troll's
[Image: b_560x95.png]
25-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Very good, I welcome all people that just want to have a good time and no hassles, your welcome.
The following 3 users Like RAZZZ's post:
AlfieNorks (25-01-2018), themole (25-01-2018), chrisbutler10 (26-01-2018)
26-01-2018, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2018 10:52 AM by Smelly Adelie.)
Welcome.
I don't play DOD anymore as it was a blood pressure increase so I decided to chill my bones and play other games with these guys.
May i suggest you download Frontlines Fuels of War as aNZACS do play this on fridays and sundays.
I have known these guys for the best part of 6 years and I love most of them.
@themole you are the only exception here.

Welcome to the community and I hope that you don't get put off by the master players out there.
Hints
1. Always watch the ground when running around the maps as thats where Razzz is hiding
2. Always look for alfie in a bazooka role or sniper role
3. Look for A.D.A.M as he has suicide tendencies with his grenades.

Apart from that have fun as i know these guys are freeking awesome

EX member Smelly

LtCol Smelly Adelie Retired
:angel:Thorn in the side of mostAngel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The following 4 users Like Smelly Adelie's post:
TWIKI (26-01-2018), chrisbutler10 (26-01-2018), LOLITA (26-01-2018), Harry Houdini (22-02-2018)
26-01-2018, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2018 11:17 AM by themole.)
(26-01-2018 10:50 AM)Smelly Adelie Wrote:  I have known these guys for the best part of 6 years and I love most of them.
@themole you are the only exception here.

Smartass l will Remeber this hahaha

MajGen.TheMole
Leader 4th/HQ/MP/CO/Board Member
ANZAC Recruitment officer's
[Image: XVLzi.png]
KILL THE MILITIA FEDERATION
King Of The Underground
Don't Feed The Forum Troll's
[Image: b_560x95.png]
The following 3 users Like themole's post:
TWIKI (26-01-2018), Smelly Adelie (26-01-2018), LOLITA (26-01-2018)