Hello There, Guest!   LoginRegister

Poll: What do you think?
Sounds like a fun idea
I feel like this is intimidating
I have other questions (feel free to ask below)
Not my cup of tea
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Teams and Competitive Encouragement
30-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Bug Internal Teams and Competitive Encouragement
I've just had this idea for a bit of fun, that ANZAC members could operate BATTLE GROUPS for other competitive team games we play

So far it would work for BlackWake, TakeDown Red Sabre, and FFOW (probably others as well)

The idea is that we have small groups of 3 or less people that are preassigned to be teamed together if any kind of planned event is happening so that we won't be at a loss for teams - as well as making things easier to co-ordinate for the hosts, it will;

• Let everyone know most of the time who is on what team

• Let people get used to who they can expect to be playing alongside so they can perform better

• Avoid player stacking to create a really unfair advantage, which has sometimes been an issue incidentally

• Avoid arguments or heated disagreements etc by hopefully avoiding any groups that are simply not fun to play against - however we all have bad days and good days and we shouldn't make any kneejerk decisions based on the last few sour matches we have had; it would be healthier and more reliable to focus on the overall fun you have had playing against certain people compared to the bad experiences playing against others

This is to avoid short term bias from causing ugly arguments

• Will give us a more active community around noncompetitive rivalry, and let people be able to get serious about how they play without being too serious about how others play

• Will give players a more real environment to practice their skills (aka playing as hard as they can without worrying about ruining the night for other players)

The guidelines:

1: Anyone wanting to make a Battle Group (BG) needs two or at the most three players (either is fine) and to have a group of people that no one has any problems with; this is to keep the game fair and fun for everyone

2: Battle Groups may be represented in the game (such as tags exclusively seen ingame on FFOW or TDRS but not in steam names etc) but will not be seen as individual clans

3: Battle Groups can consist of anyone as long as it doesn't cause too much issue, but must be drafted first, and been given two +1's of approval just to keep it simple. this means that at any time one other BG is happy to compete against this group

4: BattleGroups can stay in the drafting phase indefinitely, but as soon as they receive the two votes of approval by other players participating in non DoDConfused events they are automatically accepted and can start representing themselves

5: All BattleGroups will need to be recorded and updated upon any changes, which will be done in this thread to keep the forums tidy if people are interested enough

I hate to sail on this rotten tub
"Leave her, Johnny, leave her!"
No grog allowed and rotten grub
And it's time for us to leave her
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2018, 09:17 PM
RE: Internal Teams and Competitive Encouragement
Please remember these are guidelines and not clan rules - any administrative action from a clan officer will over-ride any concept drafted in this format and will have authority over any part of this if it requires it

To draft a battlegroup you can use the template below or write your own:

DRAFT FORM:
BG name:
BG members:
[1]
[2]
[3]

Please post questions, answers, and objections separately to keep responses concise

The following 1 user Likes Bear's post:
AlfieNorks (30-03-2018)
31-03-2018, 08:06 AM
Like the idea Bear ... but not for me I don't think.
I only play FFOW - can't get into BlackWake unfortunately (I'm hopeless at it if truth be told) and don't have the other one.
Find all posts by this user
The following 1 user Likes LOLITA's post:
Bear (31-03-2018)
31-03-2018, 08:16 AM
It's not like you need to play those games to do it, those are just ones it could work with
just a thing you can stick on when you feel like it

The following 1 user Likes Bear's post:
LOLITA (31-03-2018)