[Image: XVLzi.png]
KILL THE MILITIA FEDERATION
King Of The Underground
Don't Feed The Forum Troll's
[Image: b_560x95.png]
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2019, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 04:06 PM by lastninja.)
RE: New Pirate Game coming in 2019
It's a bit different, more arcade-y - you only are the captain pretty much and the shots are like a shoot em up. The ships are stylised and unrealistic, and I can't remember but I think you couldn't manually fire or reload or repair things. So it's ship vs ship only pretty much, no FPS or even third person player action, only ship to ship fighting.

I thought it looked cool until I saw you can only fight as ships and not crew. You 'zoom in' to fire specific cannons etc but you don't actually play the crew at all. I think player count was low too, 3v3 player or something?

The boarding at 9:20 looked terrible/weak as, quicktime event.. I actually like being a crew in Blackwake WAY more than a captain (same as not wanting to be squad leader in Squad) - mostly due to playing late at night and not wanting to annoy flatmates yelling commands into the mic. This game is captaining the entire time, without the fun of FPS combat/melee combat.

I did get excited when saw 'register for beta' a year or two ago on Uplay, but then when I saw gameplay I realised I prefer Blackwake and Holdfast. It does look pretty though - but unrealistic in that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply