Hello There, Guest!   LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'day from Ninja Gaijin / lastninjagaijin
09-02-2019, 03:46 PM
G'day from Ninja Gaijin / lastninjagaijin
Hey, I used to play America's Army way too seriously with SFA, HyH, KTS and GBH over the years, also played way too many other games and games in general over my life (started with my C64 and hogging NES and 286/386 PCs at friend's houses in the late 80s).

Bit more philosophical about gaming these days and try to be more 'pro at life' by spending less time gaming/focusing on discipline to *not* play games. It's too easy to let problems in life or self slide and 'relax' playing games.. well, for me with an addictive personality it is anyway.

I wish I'd done a lot more music in my life so far.. but I spent thousands of hours playing games instead lol. So before I get much older I figure time to put in work instead of fooling myself that I'm 'training for pro gaming' or 'will one day be a level designer and this is research'. I did try to go back to uni in 2006 for gaming and graphic design but figured after spending most all my life working on music, it would be a little silly to shift fields entirely one third to half way through my life.

I mostly focus on promoting a club night these days, which takes even more time away from production and studio mixes.. but trying to sort out some kind of balance.

Gaming has taught and inspired me a lot in life though. I've learned a few things from different games.. most recently a bit more strategy in my life with Total War Arena. The Sims 2 & 3 helped me with some time management.. shooters helped me learn mutitasking data entry skills (typing into a chat box/database, speaking on voip/phone, undertaking gameplay/working with various windows, all at the same time). Skyrim helped me realise that I get too distracted by open world games and I need to stop playing games so much - I was too sucked in for four months I didn't notice until it was quite severe that my last cat, had very bad jaundice. Turned out he had FeLV and died of that/cancer a few months later. But I felt terrible I had been so distracted I didn't notice the yellowing of his eyes and nose for longer than I should have.

Anyway that's a bit of an intro.. my steam for verification I'm an older nerd: https://steamcommunity.com/id/lastninja

Feel free to add me for any of the couple of thousands games I have/play/don't play hehe

Peace

Lastninja / lastninjagaijin / Ninja Gaijin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like lastninja's post:
Yeoldrustycar (09-02-2019), themole (09-02-2019)
09-02-2019, 07:29 PM
RE: G'day from Ninja Gaijin / lastninjagaijin
great to see you told a little about yourself do u own a game called "day of defeat source" ..... Anzac dose host a server

MajGen.TheMole
Leader 4th/HQ/MP/CO/Board Member
ANZAC Recruitment officer's
[Image: XVLzi.png]
KILL THE MILITIA FEDERATION
King Of The Underground
Don't Feed The Forum Troll's
[Image: b_560x95.png]
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
09-02-2019, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 08:23 PM by lastninja.)
Yeah I been playing DOD since the mod days Smile I think Day of Infamy is a good successor to DODS but sadly not many servers full usually (and if so often bots) - I played RO1 & 2 as well but too many neonazis got to me lol. Big fan of ArmA since first played the Operation Flashpoint demo in 2001 I think it was.
The following 1 user Likes lastninja's post:
themole (09-02-2019)
15-02-2019, 07:47 AM
Welcome mate

death is only the beginning
if you need help faster jump in front of my scope

[Image: PzgHKYy.png][Image: 36UDCVT.png][Image: Q9Gf5XE.png]
15-02-2019, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2019 08:53 AM by LOLITA.)
Hi there,
I played America's Army and loved it.
Was in a mad Aussie clan called CYCLOPS( from memory).
Was actually No.1 in NZ for leaderboard ..(guess that meant there were massively shit players here) HAHA ...
Started running glitchy and then it was done, so picked up DOD's.
The following 1 user Likes LOLITA's post:
lastninja (17-02-2019)
17-02-2019, 08:19 PM
(15-02-2019 08:52 AM)LOLITA Wrote:  Hi there,
I played America's Army and loved it.
Was in a mad Aussie clan called CYCLOPS( from memory).
Was actually No.1 in NZ for leaderboard ..(guess that meant there were massively shit players here) HAHA ...
Started running glitchy and then it was done, so picked up DOD's.

America's Army 3 and Proving Grounds (4) never really felt the same to me, but SFA 203/SF modded Border server was my home for many years on AA2.X Smile
The following 1 user Likes lastninja's post:
themole (17-02-2019)